The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In the Dominican- Day 1- Servants Heart...

Well let me first say that going on this trip took a little turn yesterday in my personal view in going on this trip... I knew that roadblocks would come up, and I am trying to side step em by telling my self to have a servants heart....

that being said, I was really excited today, even with the hustle and bustle of traveling out of the country. I had the opportunity to see the oil well disaster off the coast of Louisianna first hand, and I took a pic- it may be hard to tell but that is the well with lots of ships circling around from about 20,000 feet above...


Once we made it into Puerto Plata we were all set to get our baggage (which was over 200 bags of basesball equipment to give away - cool huh!) when the power went out in the airport... yes that right the entire went black. I thought what is we were in houston and this happened? - Ahh but I have come to see that the dominican republic moves to the beat of a diferent drummer. 10 minutes later (and fifteen degrees warmer in the terminal) we were back in business. Made it to Sousa and we're staying at the Pier Giorgio, our hotel/ resort, and it was really nice... not nice like you would think with all the bells a whistles of the modern world, but very relaxing, cultural, with a historic feel... but really laid back... my kind of place!

We checked in then got to work un packing and re packing baseball equipment for hours... with a dinner break in between... MAN it was tough work - I was drenched in sweat most of the time, but it was rewarding- servants heart! :) I think we are ready to go out and do some good for God tomorrow. Below are some pics on the place with the last being my favorite - sunset... awesome





I havent gotten to enjoy any of the ameneties, but that will come in time. First things first... like one of my old coaching buddies used to say... "first we work and then we play!" Man what a blessing this trip is to my spirit so far, and I havent even been here a day. A little work is good for the soul!- especially when God has a hand in it. Pray for us tomorrow as we begin to teach these kids about Jesus and a little baseball why we're at it. There are lots of variables at works (number of kids-???, weather-???, facilities- ???) - cant wait to see God work tomorrow!
Also- Pray for Melanie and the Girls... Man I miss em so much. Avery was sick the past coiple days... Mel give em a kiss 4 me!



















1 comment:

  1. how beautiful... i do hope you get to enjoy the amenities soon! i wish i was there with you! so thankful you made it safely.

    ReplyDelete