The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 3 - Dominican Republic- Getting back to my Roots

Wow, as I sit here and reflect of what happened today I cant believe how amazing this experience has been, and how blessed I have been to share Gods love with these kids....

As the day began, things were looking great. We got a new bigger transport truck to and from Rio de Los Brazos instead of cramming into the mini van. The trip to the field was much more enjoyable.
Old Transport- for 14 people...
New Transport...
Blessing number 2- We got 2 more english/spanish translators to help us talk to the kids. Oddly enough, I feel that my spanish is improving, or the kids are figuring out how to listen to really bad spanish. Blessing number 3- The dominican coaches 2- of them, helped me do my drills and we got a chance to talk hitting for a little bit. The kids were awesome, and I am making some frineds like Jeffrey, Edgar, and Richie. They know me as "KRACKY!!!"
Here are some Pics of the Field and some of the Kids...

Notice the barbed wire surrounding the field in the background to keep the livestock off the field.
Here are a few of the kids I am coaching - Edgar (red shorts), Richie (orange shirt). There are several local houses in the background that are about 100 feet from the field. Most have minimal, or no electricity.
Rio de Los Brazos Baseball Field - Backstop w/ barbed wire fences
Lots of sun, Lots of baseball, Lots of Smiles, Lots of God...
At night we got to hold a coaching clinic (Q /A session) with our American Coaches answering questions from the Dominican Coaches. It was a great time challenging these local coaches to invest in the lives of their baseball players in terms of baseball and spirituality. Great Stuff.
Also today I got to spend about 2 hours snorkeling on the coast. I actually found quite a few sand dollars on the bottom, and got to see a ton of fish. Cool stuff...
Well got to go its getting late... be back tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment