The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

Friday, May 28, 2010

On a Mission ....

Mark 16:15 - He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

I think that I am headed into the mission field... I am pretty excited about this particular mission opportunity. It is in the Dominican Republic, and it will involve baseball of all things. I will be teaching kids about Jesus as well as about the game of baseball. I really feel the Lords hand at work in all this. Ive been praying for guidance about this trip, and its really neat how it came about (when you start praying, crazy things can happen!). A family friend has been urging me to get involved in this trip for a little over a year now. I mean c'mon its all about God and Baseball - 2 passions that I have, so its a no brainer.... right??

Well, after praying about it, I had pretty much resolved to not going again this year, when I got an email saying that the trip had a couple of people drop out at the last minute, and the had some spots open up that were paid for. They wanted me and Melanie to go basically with a fraction of the financial responsibility... Like I said its funny what happens when God gets involved. I had been praying for guidance in this very matter, and bang... free air travel, lodging, and meals fall into my lap. Man it sure feels like someone wants me in the Dominican Republic in a couple of weeks. Melanie has really been wanting to stay home and spend some quality time with the girls, so she encouraged me to take advantage of this opportunity, so I am going to give it a go, although I wish she would come too.




Here is the scoop... in the D.R. baseball is it! There are many kids who love the game, but not alot of instruction or equipment to go around. The area is pretty poor, so this mission organization AIM (Athletic International Missions) has put together a team to take thousands of dollars of used baseball equipment, as well as many volunteers to help coach baseball and teach kids about Jesus in the DR. Last year they had hundreds of kids participate, and this year they are estimating the number in the thousands! Wow, what a great opportunity to teach kids about Christ and Baseball!
The next big step for me is getting a passport quick. Ill be going downtown today to get the ball rolling. Be praying for me, that I dont get stuck in red tape! Here is a link for some more info on the trip.

2 comments:

  1. is the trip just teaching boys? I have a cousin (a girl) who would LOVE to go. Any openings for a 20 year old single girl who has been called to missions????

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete