The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

The Kratky Girls Throw Out The First Pitch

Monday, April 26, 2010

Whew!....

Coming off a long week its great to kick back and do (almost) nothing on your day off. First off, we bounced back after a tough loss Tuesday to win Friday and Saturday... Man what a long district season... 17 games seems like an eternity, and 3game weeks drag on forever. We are 13-3 in district and 24-4 overall. By far the best seson I have ever been apart of. Playoffs begin in a week.

The guys that I coach with (4 others)are great, and they allow me to reflect on where I have been, and where I may be headed. I coach with a guy who has been married with kids a little longer than Mel and I, one who is expecting his first, one just married, and one who is pondering marraige. Its fun to think back to where I was at those different stages of life, and I am so thankful for the life I have now. I can honestly say these are great guys who care about what they do, and they do it right. Always encouraging, always positive, never degrading towards a kid (there are those in the profession that do :(

On the Homefront... well, after having my wife literally fall down the stairs, and having a kid fly 15 feet across the backyard after letting go of a swing, I can sit back and chuckle (after thanking God that no one was seriously hurt). That tells you what easy/laid back days are like around the Kratky house. Never a dull moment. I got to sit down and read a book with Avery this weekend, with a different twist. She read to me... thats right she is learning to read... wont be long before she is grading essays for me - just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you documented my fall down the stairs, that is great to reminisce about. you forgot to mention laney took the fall with me, and thank the Lord she is okay. i'm glad you like the stage of life we are in... i know it's crazy sometimes, but i'm glad we're in it together. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could've experienced Mel's fall with you, Brian. I always love when someone falls and they aren't hurt...it's so funny! Love you, Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete